MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
JimC1970

Reged: 07/02/04
New to PDA, have basic questions
      #12856 - 07/02/04 09:37 AM

Hello,]

Planning to buy first PDA. Confused about operating systems and availability of software programs. I'm a mental health therapist and will be using the machine to run software that helps me in my work -- I have found this software, but it is for Palm OS. Guy at Office Depot said more software for Palm but hardly any support -- he also said windows stuff much higher quality but also not as available and more costly. Wife says I should go with windows OS because windows is everywhere and it is growing.

Help! So confused!

Thanks in advance!
Jim

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: New to PDA, have basic questions [Re: JimC1970]
      #12860 - 07/02/04 11:43 AM

The info you got from the retail store is not exactly accurate. You should be able to find adequate software collections in both camps. To check out more of these software, 1) look at our review in the specs and software bundle sections to see what software are bundled with each device; 2) check out handango.com and see if they have all the software you will ever need to run on your handheld.

As for choosing OS, both Palm OS and Windows Mobile OS sync to PCs. There isn't any difference. But they are different, so check this out: http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/tips/palm_vs_pocketpc.htm

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1732

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage