MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
CHRISOK

Reged: 07/13/04
Toshiba 2032 Return 3 Times? Need Help!
      #13208 - 07/13/04 12:01 PM

I love my Toshiba 2032 - (except for the low talk time) and the need to return it approximately every 3-6 months due to totally separate mechanical issues.

Purchased it new last Nov, then while out of town on May 1st - I had to visit a Sprint store to get help - and they replaced it...

Now, ( about 60 days later ) - I had to take it to my local store for repair - and again, they said it'd need replaced... and NOW "the replacement" appears to have a faulty speaker -- because last night ( the first time I tried to use it -- the speaker sounded crumbley- and faded in and out ) --( not like a bad connection -- but like a bad speaker ) and I'm worried!!

HOWEVER! - They advised yesterday morning that since this was the 3rd phone -- there's a rule ( and an automatic note on the account that will now appear in the future ) - that will now prohibit them from replacing it again and that I should buy the insurance ( through "Lockline.com" - to make sure I'm covered it something goes wrong with it again )... They were very nice -- but said: "If I were you then, ...." otherwise, you will lose 500$'s if this thing goes out on you again....

I don't get it? - I paid over 500 $'s for the phone ( originally ) - and now will need to pay monthly fees to ensure that I won't be "out" the 500 dollars when it goes bad on me again?
Is this normal? - What can I do - short, of having to dump out more money? It seems like if this phone design is faulty - then they should allow me to trade it for another model - or replace the existing one as many times as needed when it's clearly not user-related problems.

Does anyone know a tech at Sprint who can verify that this model has experienced multiple probs? ( one who will tell the truth - based on statistics -- not based on marketing or sales viewpoints )

The first return:
I slid the "off" button to the off position while on the airplane ( the law )...and slid the phone back into it's case.
Upon landing, I slid the phone back out to slide the button to the "on" position but it was just flopping back and forth freely - and would not stay in an off OR on placement. Nor could I regain communication access. ( Phone or phone book functionality was not accessible )- NOT GOOD - when my business contacts were inaccessible while on the road. The out-of-town store happily gave me a replacement and helped me transfer over all my critical files and contact info...

The second return (yesterday):
When receiving calls ( the LCD image would split in 1/2 horizontally and not show you the whole screen....also -- the bottom bar and verbiage was quivering - as if the screen was about to go 'out' -- so I rushed it to the store immediately.

ANY ADVICE? -- on how to resolve this?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Toshiba 2032 Return 3 Times? Need Help! [Re: CHRISOK]
      #13243 - 07/14/04 04:16 PM

That doesn't sound right at all. I'd contact Sprint again and escalate to a higher level customer rep. The phone should have a 1 year warranty, and during the first year from the original purchase date any defect should be covered free under the warranty. 3rd party warranties cover loss, accidental damage, theft and defects once the warranty period has expired.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Lovesr

Reged: 08/12/04
Re: Toshiba 2032 Return 3 Times? Need Help! [Re: LisaG]
      #14359 - 08/12/04 04:01 PM

This is correct from personal experience. I purchased the Treo 600 from Sprint in Dec. I just handed my fifth one back to them last week they voluntarily replaced it with a Hitachi G1000. No Charge. No Insurance.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2107

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage