MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
jemedwards

Reged: 06/18/04
BlueTooth vs Wi-Fi Card
      #13305 - 07/16/04 07:15 AM

I have two questions:

I have a Zire 71 and have been looking forward to the SanDisk Wi-Fi 256 card coming out but at $125 I'm wondering if it's a better idea to "eBay" my Z71 and just buy the Z72 which has built-in bluetooth.

I have no experience with either but I'm trying to make a good financial decision.

Question 1: Should I shell out $125 for the card or ebay the Z71 and add the $125 I would have spent for the wi-fi card to the gains from the sale of the Z71 and buy the Z72.

Question 2: I plan on getting the Motorola V710 cellphone from Verizon when it comes out and it has bluetooth. I have no idea how to use a bluetooth phone with a bluetooth PDA like the Z72. Is it awkward/cumbersome and will it take up lots of phone minutes versus wi-fi where you're just surfing the air for connection.

Since I have no experience in using either bluetooth or wi-fi, any opinions on these options would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: BlueTooth vs Wi-Fi Card [Re: jemedwards]
      #13369 - 07/17/04 06:01 PM

I think you will need to look at what is the easiest way to get online for you, WiFi or Bluetooth. If you have a BT phone and a data plan with your cellphone carrier, the Zire 72 can make it very easy to get online. The WiFi card for the Zire 71 is available from Amazon if you want to use WiFi.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1881

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage