MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
rogers

Reged: 05/17/04
Which PDA should I buy? I really need your advice!
      #12999 - 07/07/04 06:31 PM

Alright!!!!
Am almost losing my mind when it comes to picking which PDA to buy!
Originally I wanted a PDA that was powerful, efficient and not too expensive. All these three conditions were met by the Palm Tungsten TE. Good, now off to the web to purchase one!!! Then I read stories of numerous units "dying in their sleep", hissing noises after two to three months of usage, freezing and all sorts of off putters!!!
OK then, so the tungsten isn't what it seemed to be! So then I researched the Zire 72 and was quite satisfied. Just as am ready to get myself one, the web is full of complaints about
peeling finish and random errors with a member clearly advising not to buy this machine (again the issue of reliability and efficiency crops in). I was particularly interested in the palm devices for their simplicity and touted efficient use of power. BUt what is going on....... I attempted to have a look at the various pocket pc PDA available and they are mostly expensive and also have their fair share of nasty comments on failure to synchronize and freezing and so on and so forth.
I have been playing this game of should I buy this, should I not.... for almost two months.....Is there a reliable PDA on the market. I know that nothing is a guarantee, but why should choosing a PDA be any more difficult than choosing a Digital Camera or an MP# player (I got the fabulous Canon powershot A80 and the equally excellent Iriver H120, through the help of previous users on the web wh give great advice). Apparently that is not as easy with PDAs.
I really need one. What should I do?
My needs:
A fast processor. I am a really impatient person and I cannot bear sluggishness in machines.
Excellent Word, Excel and Powerpoint implementation (powerpoint is not that important, but would be helpful just the same)
Great PIM
MP3 player would be nice but not important
Easy accessibility to software online.
IMPORTANT: Stable and reliable (Data loss would make me mad enough to damage the machine....it has happened before!!!!)

I now admit that am unable to make the decision on my own.
Please advise

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GregModerator
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: Which PDA should I buy? I really need your advice! [Re: rogers]
      #13044 - 07/08/04 06:38 PM

How about the Tungsten T3, if that fits your budget. It's got a good track record for reliability and has a great display.

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

rogers

Reged: 05/17/04
Re: Which PDA should I buy? I really need your advice! [Re: Greg]
      #13076 - 07/09/04 01:09 PM

Thanks alot Greg. I will check out the Tungsten T3. The price is a little steep, but I do not mind going the extra mile and forking out the cash if is a great PDA. Just as long as I get what I paid for. Am incredibly grateful for your help.

rborden

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Oregon
More on the PalmOne Zire 72 [Re: rogers]
      #13386 - 07/18/04 04:28 PM

Boy, you are in a tough spot. I went down this road a couple of months ago and decided on the Zire 72. I see you have read my posting on the peeling finish and random fatal exceptions. If you're are really wanting a Palm One product buy the T3. I mentioned the Sont Clie line-up, that's what I would buy the second time around! By the way, Palm has NEVER followed up with me. My emails to them have been clear, concise and pleasant. I am very disappointed in their lack of customer service and follow-up!
rborden
Forgot to mention, my Zire 72 now has a high pitched tone, all of the time, that is driving me crazy!
Thanks Palm!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3492

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage