MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Tiz

Reged: 07/18/04
Loc: StL
new to PDAs...help?
      #13381 - 07/18/04 07:37 AM

Looking on ebay and reading here to learn.

Want a basic PDA to keep appts for work and to d/l to Outlook on both work and home machines (work machine may not be possible due to admin locks but I can get around that in other ways...but I will need to d/l to home machine).

Looking at Palm M130 (in new condition, never used) and new, unopened Palm 21. My main concern is price. I don't want to pay over $50 and have found quite a few machines on ebay that will work.

Palm 21 is b/w with no back light (not too useful as I am often in places with not a lot of light...think ball fields/sports arenas with overhead lights). Palm 21 has also been reported as erasing data if kept near a cellphone. Read those reviews/complaints in two places online. But Palm 21 has faster processor than M130.

So do I go with the newer technology or ? I suppose I will be happy with either since what I am currently using (paper calendar) isn't working for me. Any help, thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: new to PDAs...help? [Re: Tiz]
      #13428 - 07/19/04 12:04 AM

I'd go with the color screen and backlight on the m130. It also doesn't have problems with cell phones in close proximity.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1676

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage