MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
ddoyle

Reged: 06/23/04
What's the best software for dialup on my IPAQ 2210 & Notebook Computer?
      #13481 - 07/20/04 08:31 AM

I recently purchased an IPAQ 2210 w/56K Compact Flash modem (I also have a WiFi card but there's not always a hotspot nearby, especially in some hotel rooms). I also have a notebook computer which I carry. What dialup ISP is most compatible with both of these? I know that MSN has their new MSN Mobile but that would be a separate subscription service, right? (everything would be sooo simple if there enough WiFi hotspots so dialup would not be necessary --- also BT only works if you've got a BT device nearby)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ddoyle

Reged: 06/23/04
Re: What's the best software for dialup on my IPAQ 2210 & Notebook Computer? [Re: ]
      #13569 - 07/22/04 12:47 PM

Thanks for the advice. Earthlink is one I was considering, along with MSN and AOL. To clarify, are you accessing Earthlink with your PDA (Pocket PC) on the road, and if so, which model & what type of modem?

Quote:

Hi, I have been using the ENR 56k modem before and was very happy with it. I used Earthlink.net since I have their DSL service at home. What you can do when you travel is to go to Earthlink.net web site and get the local number where you will be staying. You can use the same user info and password to log-on using the Earthlink local number. It's very convenient worked for me 100% of the time I used the modem.

Good luck to you!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3574

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage