MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
rborden

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Oregon
My written disappointment with my month old Zire 72~A must read....
      #13498 - 07/20/04 03:53 PM

UPDATE: 7/24/04 - My Zire 72 made it to the repair facility on 7/21/04, current status is "in repair". I'll let you know how the repair goes.

I recently posted my disappointment with my Palm Zire 72. Here it is again in a nutshell for those that haven't read it. The blue finish is peeling and flecking off, random fatal exceptions and a high hiss when on. Now comes the kicker. I have contacted PalmOne support of these issue's and their customer support has been lack-luster at best. Several emails back and forth with no answers and a phone number, when called, did not pickup. Finally, I got through to a real person from a number off Palm's website, and the run around began again a second time. After my insistence, they agreed for me to ship it in for repair. Mind you, the unit was purchased on 6/3/04 and I was told several times there is only a 90 day repair warranty! Come on Palm, do the math, it's a little over a month old! I told the customer service rep this several times and I shouldn't have to insist the unit the unit needs to be fixed.

I will keep you posted how the repair comes out.

I have been very disappointed with the poor finish quality of my Zire 72 and REALLY DISAPPOINTED in Palm's customer service. (lack of service)

The good news is, if you get a unit without any problems and never have to contact customer service you're good to go! After second thought, the money spent on any Palm is funding this lack luster company! Whatever happened to good-old fashion customer service and and honest to goodness an outstanding product.

Edited by rborden (07/24/04 06:47 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3468

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage