MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Zero101

Reged: 07/26/04
PDA that can use a PCMCIA card?
      #13730 - 07/26/04 10:31 AM

I am currently using an aging iPaq 3815. I upgraded it to WM2003 a while back, and it's doing the job, but I would love something a little slimmer.. a little more powerful, and I am definitely envious of some of WM2003 SE's features (esp. the native landscape display).

But... I have a nice 5GB PCMCIA Toshiba hard drive that I keep mp3's, divx's, etc on... and I don't really want to upgrade to a PDA that can't use it. Seems like most of the newer PDA's are strictly SD though... with a few that also have CF.

Are there any newer PDA's (or any on the horizon) that have PCMCIA capabilities?

Thanks for the help

(You know.. if Hp would just release an SE upgrade to my current PDA, I could save a lot of time and money )

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: PDA that can use a PCMCIA card? [Re: Zero101]
      #13737 - 07/26/04 02:00 PM

There isn't any PDA that comes with built-in PC card support. HP is leaving the sleeve design behind. The last one that supports the sleeves is the h5555. The newer models and the upcoming models will not support sleeves.

But it doesn't mean you are out of options though. If you can find a Pocket PC that you like and has a CF card, you can get an adapter to take you PCMCIA card. Take a look at this adapter, if you do a search you might find more like this:

http://www.semsons.com/comflastopcc.html

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1977

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage