MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
kevinandamanda

Reged: 07/26/04
which PDA to browse web and chat online?
      #13756 - 07/26/04 10:48 PM

Which PDA should I get if I just want to browse the internet, check my email, and chat online (AOL and MSN)? I want to be able to view ALL webpages not just certain ones (like Yahoo or MSN). I also want to be able to use my Sierra Wireless AirCard (from T-Mobile) to get online.

I was looking at the T-Mobile Sidekick , but I don't know if it's any good. Can anyone give me any reviews, advice, or suggestions?

Thanks so much for your help,
Amanda

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: which PDA to browse web and chat online? [Re: kevinandamanda]
      #13847 - 07/29/04 01:42 PM

The AirCard is a PCMCIA card and only iPAQs that can accept sleeves (iPAQ 5555 being the only currently model)can use it. You'd have to buy the iPAQ plus the PC Card sleeve (both of which are reviewed on this site).

Beyond that, most all of the currently available Palm OS and Microsoft Pocket PC Phone Editions should do the job. They are listed here: http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/smartphone.htm .

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Nerdbomber

Reged: 07/27/04
Re: which PDA to browse web and chat online? [Re: LisaG]
      #13913 - 07/31/04 10:25 PM

Can somebody translate that to English for the first person and me? You don't have to act all smug and all like your the god of PDA's or something. It's ok to let new people in on your special little world of knowing everything about little computer doohickeys and all. Thanks in advance!

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: which PDA to browse web and chat online? [Re: Nerdbomber]
      #13914 - 07/31/04 11:12 PM

Try shifting your attitude, Nerdbomber. Nobody pays us or grants us God status for helping you or anyone else here. We do it to help folks, so they can further enjoy the PDAs they've bought or are considering purchasing. It's great techology we cover here, and it's nice to share about it.

If you need help understanding something, just ask in a civil tone and don't insult me or others who post on this board.

My statement did not contain jargon/highly technical terms, but it did use HP iPAQ-related products names in the first paragraph. If you are not familiar with the those products, please ask about them or read about them on this site. If you do not own an AirCard, you really don't need to care. The second paragraph was extremely clear.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

FMN
PDA Addict

Reged: 06/27/03
Re: which PDA to browse web and chat online? [Re: LisaG]
      #13927 - 08/01/04 12:39 PM

LisaG, you are way too nice to respond to that post. People like that are either don't care to learn things or just post random attacking messages on forums for kicks. If I were running this forum, I'd delete his posts and ban his email address.

There are a lot of ugly forums out there, this one is the most helpful and the people posting here are the most behaving I've ever encountered. I would hate to see posts like this guy to polute it.

My 2 cents.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3205

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage