Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
kayage

Reged: 08/02/04
IR on iPAQ4150
      #13945 - 08/02/04 10:05 AM

allo guys,
i bought an iPAQ4150 quite a few months ago and recently installed an AV program on it to see if i can actually make use of the IR function on hte PDA. to my dissapointment, i found out that the ir would only work as a remote control for my astro decoder and my tv set when i am less than a foot away from them. any further and i could not make any channel change or the tv/astro decoder would not receive the signal form my pda.. is my pda faulty or is the IR range for this model that low?...

a friend of mine who is using another pda model don't seem to face this problem...

hope some pda experts can advice. thank you.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: IR on iPAQ4150 [Re: kayage]
      #14537 - 08/18/04 06:29 PM

The 4150 doesn't come with consumer grade IR which enables better range. There are some PDAs that do come with consumer grade IR like the iPAQ 2215 and older high end Clies like the NX80.

Even without the consumer grade, you should still get about 8-10 feet. If a PDA doesn't come with remote software you will need to download one that helps your PDA "learn" the codes for your entertainment units. Software like this one: http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/software/NoviiRemote.htm

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1844

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage