MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
nuprin

Reged: 08/04/04
T3 v. Clie TH55
      #14019 - 08/04/04 05:49 AM

i'm trying to decide between the tungsten t3 and the clie th55.

here's the issue: the t3 would be perfect but i'm concerned about battery life (exactly how short is it--how often do i need to recharge with heavy use?) and the lack of WiFi (why did they not include this???) also, can video be played on this like on the clie (mpeg)?

the clie is quite nice but i'm concerned about the processing speed. is it going to be noticeably slow? i'm going to be running mostly medical programs and most of the microsoft stuff (inc powerpoint). i hate the fact that i need the memory stick and not an sd card. stupid sony. also, is it significant that the clie is not going to be marketed in the States anymore? and does the clie have the feature as in the t3 that you can write anywhere on the screen, not just in one area?

also, i'm considering the clie ux40 or 50. i know it's more expensive, but is it worth the extra cost? is there a big weight difference? battery?

argh... now i'm thinking about the tungsten c. i've got a major mp3 player, so maybe this will be best for me... what about the c v. the clie? i'm thinking i will need some voice memo fxn--is this inconvenient with the c?

thanks for your help!

Edited by nuprin (08/04/04 07:08 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GregModerator
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: T3 v. Clie TH55 [Re: nuprin]
      #14040 - 08/04/04 10:09 PM

The T3 can play videos, yes. If you use it heavily, you'll want to charge it every night.

The TH55 doesn't feel slow at all. Palm OS and most programs really don't need 400MHz and 200MHz does the job just fine.

The UX50 is worth it if you think the integrated keyboard, optional extended battery and dual wireless will be useful.

The Tungsten C doesn't have an MP3 player, but you already have one. However it doesn't have a voice notes function if you need that.

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1553

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage