MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
trixi

Reged: 08/04/04
Blackberry vs. Bluetooth SD card for my e310
      #14029 - 08/04/04 10:49 AM

Okay I currently have a Toshiba e310 which I know I am not using to it's full potenital..

My boss wants me to get a BlackBerry...I don't really feel like carrying a cell phone, PDA & a Blackberry (I'm not going to get one of those PDA/Blackberry/phone things). Are there any modifications I can do to my e310 to make it work like a BlackBerry? -Basically check my email and IM when ever I want? Which is easier/cheaper? So here are the 2 optins I'm looking at:

1. get a bluetooth SD card and adapt my e310 to be wireless (what is the proccess?)
2. screw it and just get a Blackberry

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
FMN
PDA Addict

Reged: 06/27/03
Re: Blackberry vs. Bluetooth SD card for my e310 [Re: trixi]
      #14036 - 08/04/04 03:20 PM

It will depen on how much PDA funtioncs you use, like Pocket PC software, accessories, etc. If you primarily use the device for email and phone, then BlackBerry is the way to go. It has a push technology in the back end that will push messages to your device as opposed to regular Pocket PC which you will need to check your email to get messages. BlackBerry on the other hands does not have the broad collection of software, accessories that support Palm or Pocket PC.

If you don't need push email, you can make your PPC to access wireless stuff or you can get a smartphone product that makes the wireless access easy.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1988

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage