MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
87yjNY

Reged: 08/08/04
New to PDAs..need advice which to buy please
      #14203 - 08/08/04 02:50 PM

Ok, so my wife surprised me with a great Birthday present..the Palm Zire 72- she knows i wouldnt buy one for myself...I heard the 72 only has BT and not WIFI, that the cables arent great with options, and the battery life isnt great either... Now we're doing more research and want to know which one you guys recomend in that price range of 290- $350...

I'm not using it for any heavy duty excel or business operations, but I will be using my PDA for contacts, scheudling, memos, reminders, and any other fun stuff like pictures or music it comes with...I WOULD like to have Internet capabilities, without having to pay another $40 a month...i heard wifi is relatively cheap at hotspots, sometimes freee and i can use it in my office if we have a wireless router....

So,I want something for that price range that has good battery life, nice display and capable if i get it, for Internet use...

Any advice what to buy? Wether Palm Zire, Tungsten, HP PocketPc, Dell Axim 30 or Even any SONY PDA"S.....please advise what you recomend for me...its more of for scheduling, contact info and some cool gadgets/fun if it comes with it Let me know
Elliot

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: New to PDAs..need advice which to buy please [Re: 87yjNY]
      #14205 - 08/08/04 03:00 PM

I use the T-Mobile T-Zone and can access any site I have tried, and it costs $4.99 per month.

87yjNY

Reged: 08/08/04
Re: New to PDAs..need advice which to buy please [Re: Tong Zhang]
      #14216 - 08/08/04 11:25 PM

Ok, I'm just unclear what your advice is....Should I stick with the Zire 72 or should I go for the Axim 30? Or a Sony, a different PDA altogether? Please advise. Thanx again

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: New to PDAs..need advice which to buy please [Re: 87yjNY]
      #14218 - 08/09/04 01:30 AM

You have a very nice wife . I think Tong meant that if you happen to use T-Mobile and have a Bluetooth phone, you could use that for Internet access with the Zire 72 for $4.99/month. The Zire 72 is a very nice model, especially if you like the camera.

If you'd like to use WiFi, then the Axim X30 wireless models are a great way to go. So is the HP iPAQ 4150. And of course there are the WiFi-enabled Sony Clies too. They'll all work for the things you mentioned, so maybe read the reviews and see which one(s) tickle your fancy.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2540

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage