MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
dank

Reged: 08/10/04
How to Reconcile the Current Reliability Issues?
      #14265 - 08/10/04 10:59 AM

I have a Palm M500 whose battery is dying. Rather than replace the battery, I'm ready for a new Palm. My primary uses for the palm are the Calendar and Contacts. I have the Calendar up on my computer screen at work at all times, and it is indispensable. I am looking at the Zire 31, Zire 72 or the Tungsten E. Yesterday, I was actually on the phone with Palm One and was in the process of ordering the Tungsten E. While ordering, I was reading customers' reviews of the unit at Amazon. The reviews created such a negative picture with regard to problems cropping up at the expiration of the lousy warranty period that I asked the customer rep about the concerns. He had no response other than he does not control the establishment of the warranty period. I canceled my order on the spot. What am I to do? One idea is to buy at Best Buy or Circuit City and get an extended warranty. The problem is, it's difficult to buy a product with known defects and terrible (and expensive) technical support and wait for the unit to die. It's like sitting on a time bomb. Any thoughts on the quality issues from you seasoned pros? Thank you for your time. Dan.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: How to Reconcile the Current Reliability Issues? [Re: dank]
      #14440 - 08/15/04 07:00 PM

I have a friend with a TE which I recommended to him, and he has no problems with it. He's taken it around the world and used it extensively.

That said, nothing man-made is perfect. Although online user comments can be helpful, folks with problems are much more likely to write them than happy folks. Surfing a number of user forums on the web will give a better idea because of the interaction between users.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1471

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage