MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
sbk

Reged: 08/10/04
I need a PDA with a LOUD ALARM!!!
      #14281 - 08/10/04 06:08 PM

Hi,

I am looking for a PDA that will be mainly an electronic organizer, but I need one with a very loud alarm. I need to be able to hear it when it's in my pocketbook to remind me of important appointments.

I have a very old Palm Pilot Professional that I dug out, but the alarm is a joke. I wish they would make something that had the option that it would ring until you turn it off. This is a battery issue, I suppose.

I saw the Tungsten T3 and it was very loud, wonderful. But it was also $400., plus $50 for the cradle. I have T-Mobile service, and a phone with infrared, so it would be great to be able to use my phone to dial up to the internet and get my emails anywhere!!!!

I can buy a Diamond Mako / Psion that looks very interesting - has a real keyboard!! Are they any good? I wish they'd make more things that are just a bit bigger than a PDA but has a typable keyboard (not just with thumbs).

So, does anyone have any suggestions? Please help!

Thanks,

MK

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: I need a PDA with a LOUD ALARM!!! [Re: sbk]
      #14297 - 08/11/04 11:09 AM

The T3 comes with a cradle. It has built-in Bluetooth which is much better connectivity method than IR, if your phone has Bluetooth as well.

Psion is working on a new NetBook that will come out later this year that will run either WinCE or Linux.

Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: I need a PDA with a LOUD ALARM!!! [Re: sbk]
      #14438 - 08/15/04 06:44 PM

My T3 alarm will notify folks in the next office of my appointments if I set it on high. As has been mentioned, it comes with a cradle. It also comes with software to connect to a number of cell phones.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1685

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage