MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
ws6ta

Reged: 08/23/04
School And Business PDA?
      #14687 - 08/23/04 01:04 AM

Hey guys,
Just got interested in buying a pda a few days ago and have read a lot. I'm looking for something in the range of the dell axim x30 maybe less if possible. Basically I need something I can write notes for school quickly and transfer them to my home pc. Next I need something to keep track of my finances like cheques I write debit transactions, cash etc. I want something that I can hook upto my motorola v80 cell phone with motorola hs820 bluetooth. wifi doesn't really matter and camera defenetly doesn't matter since my v80 has it. I am looking at the better 600mhz version of the axim. Do these things come with stilus or are they extra and how aobut a carrying case (not sure lol)
Rick

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mfromo

Reged: 08/02/04
Re: School And Business PDA? [Re: ws6ta]
      #14692 - 08/23/04 05:51 AM

Just went through the same research for a new PDA. Finally decided on the Axim X30 middle model. So far the performance is great. It has bluetooth although I haven't had the chance to use it yet. It comes with Pocket Word so that takes care of your notes taking needs, and you can write on the screen in your own handwriting and it should transcribe into text, or your can use a palm like block entry. It comes with a stylus and a carrying pouch with belt clip. I bought the book style case from Dell, although it's a little too bulky for me. I'm thinking of returning it and getting a case from PDAir, which appears to be a little smaller. Their is a review of cases for the X30 here .http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/tips/Dell_Axim_X3_cases.htm
I'm using dashboard as a Today screen plug-in. The jury is still out since I just installed it. I'm new to Windows Mobile, so I'm still figuring stuff out. Hope this helps a bit.

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: School And Business PDA? [Re: ws6ta]
      #14713 - 08/23/04 08:28 PM

mfromo covered it pretty well. Congrats on your purchase!

I just wanted to piont out to Rick that having the Bluetooth support on the Dell will allow you to get online via a Bluetooth cellphone with data plan, in addition to the voice plan. If you have WiFi on campus, then you can just use the wifi on the Dell to get online. So it's quite versatile.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2208

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage