MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
boardguru

Reged: 08/25/04
Jabra BT250 - Handset Profile vs. Handsfree Profile?
      #14769 - 08/25/04 03:07 PM

Hello,

I recently purchased a Jabra BT250 and am a bit confused between what the difference between "handfree" profile and "headset" profile, which apparently the BT250 supports.

I currently pair my BT250 with Sony Ericsson T637 and am able to use it perfectly as a handsfree device to send and receive calls.

However, I am unable to listen to any voice memos that I have recorded on the phone (NOT VOICEMAIL) via the headset. Does anyone know why? If BT250 supports headset profile I should be able to listed to voice memos just like using a normal headset, no?

Which brings me to the next question, can I use the BT250 as a headset with a blue tooth enable PDA (Dell Axim X30 mid or high) or laptop?

If some one can show me how to use the BT250 to listen to voice memos on my SE T637, that would be great.

Gopal

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Jabra BT250 - Handset Profile vs. Handsfree Profile? [Re: boardguru]
      #14771 - 08/25/04 03:17 PM

Those are two different Bluetooth profiles (wouldn't it be nice if every manufacturer used the same profile?). Headset is generally used for phone headsets and handsfree started as a car kit/BT speakerphone solution but several Nokias use it for all BT products, even headsets.

The SE uses headset profile, and it's just that the phone sends audio out for call-related stuff only, not system sounds such as voice memos and alerts.

The headset should work with the X30 and notebooks with Bluetooth, yes. In fact, if you read our review of the X30, you'll see we tested the Jabra 250 with the X30.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2320

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage