MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
parker1230

Reged: 08/26/04
Zire 72 vs Tungsten E
      #14798 - 08/26/04 04:03 PM

I have been researching the purchase of a PDA and I am interested in the Zire 72 and Tungsten E. Can anyone explain the difference in the two other than the obvious; price, camera and processor (is there that much difference in 312MHz Intel PXA270 (72) and 126MHZ TI OMPA 311 (E). I would also like to know if anyone has experience purchasing a refurbished PDA, I have found the Zire 72 and Tungsten E being sold as refurbished at about $50 off the ?new? price.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Zire 72 vs Tungsten E [Re: parker1230]
      #14813 - 08/26/04 07:33 PM

The biggies you noted, really are the primary differences. As for processor speed, Palm OS has low overhead, so for everyday tasks, both will run plenty fast enough. If you plan on watching videos, openning large photos or playing intensive games, the faster processor will be important. When buying a refurb, do check on the warranty provided. It's often not worth it to save $50 if the unit has only a 30 or 90 day warranty and it gives you problems siz months down the road.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1995

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage