MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
owen

Reged: 08/21/04
Zire 71 how do i send n recieve emails
      #14832 - 08/27/04 05:47 AM

Hello, before i buy a PDA i am thinking i have it down to wanting the zire 71 but my huge question is ill be usuing it to send n recieve emails is this practicle or should i opt for a laptop to do this . the big stopper is weight n size will be a huge factor as in ill be using this in the desert to communicate back home. P>S if any one know of any one looking to sell a good PDA cheap i could use the link or info as everyone knows they dont pay us soldiers fro crap.,. thanks for your time everyone in advance

owen

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GregModerator
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: Zire 71 how do i send n recieve emails [Re: owen]
      #14891 - 08/28/04 11:49 PM

If you want to send email using the Zire 71, you'd need to find a cable to connect it to your mobile phone which would act as a modem for the Zire 71 (assuming you have mobile phone service in the desert!). The Zire doesn't come with any built-in networking technologies, that's why you'd need the mobile phone.

For best prices, check the deal links on our review page for the lowest price and also discount brokers/dealers like overstock.com and ecost.com.

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

BluTeeth

Reged: 09/03/04
Re: Zire 71 how do i send n recieve emails [Re: owen]
      #15092 - 09/03/04 05:53 PM

Just a tiny note - the zire 71 has been known to have some issues with screens.. Check Amazon etc., for more... Re email if it has a CF slot you may be able to use bluetooth..

Have you considered a Sony? They have similar features for a lower price with better warranty.. Consider TJ27 (I think thats the model)

Lastly you could ge a good price on eBay, even check this site they may have links..

Hope I was of help, best of luck!

Edit: Sorry I meant SDIO slot not CF..

Edited by BluTeeth (09/03/04 05:59 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1897

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage