MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
AaronM

Reged: 08/29/04
PDA For High School
      #14905 - 08/29/04 03:33 PM

Hello,
I will be going into high school this year, and my birthday is coming up soon, and afterwards I should have saved up enough money for a PDA. I have been browsing for some time now, and I cannot decide which to get. I like the Zire 71, but I don't need the camera. The Zire 31 is not as "luxurious" as the Zire 71 though. I have also glanced at the Compaq Ipaq and Sony Clie, but I cannot decide. I will most likely be purchasing a unit off of ebay. I have found low prices for several of the PDAs mentioned above, and I am sure some new good deals will be there by the time I am ready to but one. The most I can afford is $150, but like I said, I will get one off of ebay. I want this PDA to have the capability to listen to MP3s and watch small videos. I don't want bottom-of-the-line, but I can't afford top-of-the-line. Like I said, I like the Zire 31 and 71, the Tungsten E, and some of the lower Sonys, but I do not know which one would suit me best. My parents know less about PDAs than I do , so help will be greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: PDA For High School [Re: AaronM]
      #14929 - 08/30/04 02:06 PM

The screen isn't so great on the Zire 31, so you might want to go with one of the higher end PalmOne PDAs you mentioned.

The recent Sony Clies are also very good- they have nice high res screens and good multimedia capabilities (except the TJ27- go for the TJ37 or one of the older ones with multimedia capabilites which you can find in our reviews).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

BluTeeth

Reged: 09/03/04
Re: PDA For High School [Re: AaronM]
      #15093 - 09/03/04 06:02 PM

Howdy!
do consider a tungsten T - they have lots of cool features, e.g. Bluetooth... Also how about a pocket PC? Some refurbs can be picked for 150..

re: Tungsten T you could get a refurb as low as $150..

Try ebay for some prices
good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2269

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage