MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Xavior

Reged: 09/02/04
confused....
      #15044 - 09/02/04 02:45 PM

I am a Junior in highschool and I am lookign to buy a PDA. I need somethign that can organize, run games, run texteditors, yadda yadda everythign that I will need it to do, and I want it to last a long time without going totally obsolete. I need it to last through college basically, which is why I was lookign at the Dell Axim with the 624 processor and wince it was windows based it would be easy for me to make the transition between the ppc and my home computer. But, at the same time, since I would need a keyboard anyway, I was looking at a sharp C860. In anyone's opinion, which is the better product?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GregModerator
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: confused.... [Re: Xavior]
      #15060 - 09/02/04 07:01 PM

The Sharp requires a little bit more techie knowledge since it's Linux based and occasionally add on hardware and software requires a visit to the command line. Certainly it's a great unit and functions like a mini laptop.

For the Dell, get an add on folding keyboard like the ThinkOutside IR and Bluetooth keyboards reviewed on our site.

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

Xavior

Reged: 09/02/04
Re: confused.... [Re: Greg]
      #15074 - 09/02/04 10:09 PM

Well, I have been a Unix semi Sysadmin for a while and have a couple Linux computers that I built sittign around my room, so the command line isn't a problem. However, I would like ot know if there is a Zaurus SDK or something so that one could recompile regular linux apps to work with the Zaurus processor, that way you could take apps suc has open office and konqueror and use them on the PDA.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1960

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage