MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Casey

Reged: 09/05/04
Whats a PDA? Can it take the place of my Cambridge Organizer?
      #15125 - 09/05/04 06:45 AM

What i'm trying to find out is will a PDA do the job i need or is there anything out there other than a laptop that can. I'm trying to get away from my Cambridge Organizer and not get stuck entering jobs and prices for every customer everyday at the end of every month for hours at home. I want to enter jobs and prices for customer everyday after each job, this would keep me from forgetting what was done for customers and how much to charge, save me time, money and keep me from doing it every afternoon or month. With the PDA i want to enter a list of things to do for each customer and enter everything i did that day, charge them so i'm not stuck at my home pc. Quickbooks 2000 is the program i'm using now for my invoices at home and i feel i could get more out of the program if entered everyday. I want to do this on the road or at the job site and have access to customers info right then and not when i get home. The PDA should hook to my home pc and print invoices from it or load to my home pc for back up, to save or for copies... Which PDA do i need, can i down load quickbooks on the PDA or do i have to get the PDA with quickbooks installed? Also I need it to connect at home so at the end of each work day to run reports, find out balances, customer info or print invoices at end of months. Thanks for the help!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Whats a PDA? Can it take the place of my Cambridge Organizer? [Re: Casey]
      #15192 - 09/07/04 10:58 PM

QuickBooks for PDA doesn't exist, unfortunately. There are several job tracking apps out there as well as financial apps and you might want to visit www.handango.com to check them out and see if any can sync with QuickBooks on the desktop.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ***
Topic views: 2498

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage