MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
se99paj

Reged: 09/07/04
What can a PDA do??
      #15181 - 09/07/04 10:05 AM

I am interested in getting a PDA, I'm fed up with having to look at my work computer to find my next appointment, I want something that I can carry around with me that will provide me with all the information I need.

I want to know what else a PDA can do apart from that, I have seen fm adapters that can be attached to them that will turn them into radios. Is it possible to use the PDA as a digital music player? how much memory is available on a PDA? can it be linked to the online digital music stores that have been appearing?? I know PDA's are very useful but I just need to know whether they can do what I want them to do.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BluTeeth

Reged: 09/03/04
Re: What can a PDA do?? [Re: se99paj]
      #15235 - 09/08/04 02:16 PM

Hello!

Well.. PDA's originally started out as simple organizers.. but now they are almost miniature PC's. Currently there are two major type's of PDA depending on their operating system - i.e. windows based PDA's also known as pocket PC's - they run a version of Microsoft OS designed for PDAs. The other type of PDA run's PALM OS.

So what can you do with your PDA? Just about anything.. Modern PDA's Check email.. record voice messages, watch videos, surf the net.. take photos.. and so much more.. It depends on what software you have.

Yes you can definitely listen to music with a PDA. And, with wifi, you may be able to purchase and download music online.

PDA's are just coming of age. Already they are more like computers than organisers. Prices are now competitive, and within $100 - $200 you can definitely pick up an excellent PDA.

I recommend you browse this site and read the reviews of PDA's also see other peoples questions and answers.

Lastly, do tell us what features you want in a Pda so we can recommend one perhaps

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1729

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage