MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
spunkymonkey

Reged: 08/16/04
wifi connection troubles on a 2210
      #15216 - 09/08/04 12:24 PM

Ive just bought a wifi connector for my ipaq 2210. Its finally installed fine and i have found a network out there (im not using my own till the weekend when i buy a card but wanted to try it out anyways naughty me) i can connect to the network fine, but when i open up internet explorer i try to connect to something like google and right away it says the page cannot be found.

Now could this be because the network is locked down (if thats the case why could i even connect to it at all?)
Or is it something im doing wrong? I havent changed any settings on the device at all and left it all as defualts.

finally the little wifi icon is red when it cant find a network and scans and yellow when its connected, does this colour signifiy anything? Or is that the standard colour when your connected.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: wifi connection troubles on a 2210 [Re: spunkymonkey]
      #15226 - 09/08/04 01:47 PM

Yes, it could certainly be that the connection is secured using WEP encryption so you'd need a key to actually connect to the Internet. If you have a Starbucks nearby, you could try using their network. You'll have to pay a few bucks to use their network, but it will allow you to test it.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2044

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage