MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
whitetiger7654

Reged: 09/08/04
Another What should I buy?
      #15257 - 09/08/04 10:58 PM

I'm looking at buying a palm pilot. But I don't know what I want. I know there are tons of things out there like palms, pocket pc, datalogger, pocketlogger, etc. I don't know what all of these things do so I don't know what I need.

I'll list what I need and maybe you guys can give me some suggestions. I work for a construction company. So I'd like to keep pictures on it (I don't need it to take pictures just be able to store them and open them), maybe some mp3's for when I'm at school. I need a color screen, office docs (word, excel), and I don't need wireless internet. Of course the basics calendar, address book, calculator, a spot for me to keep track of my homework, etc. I would like for it to have a decent size screen, plenty of memory (or a slot for me to plug in a memory card), accessories available for purchasing (case, dock station, etc). And the ability to datalog my car stuff but this is not an absolute necesity. Being able to connect with my computer and transfer files back and forth is a must (my computer is windows 98 and my laptop is windows xp home).

Price range is $300-$400.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GregModerator
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: Another What should I buy? [Re: whitetiger7654]
      #15273 - 09/09/04 01:25 PM

There are quite a few that would meet your needs. Just check our reviews to make sure the unit has an MP3 player (most all do) and if you go with Palm OS, get one with a high res (320 x 320) display for viewing photos.

The Tungsten E and iPAQ 1945 come to mind, and if you want to move up, the Tungsten T3 and the $349 iPAQ rx3100 which we'll be reviewing next week (it just came out this week).

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

BluTeeth

Reged: 09/03/04
      #15280 - 09/09/04 02:38 PM

Howdy
how about a Sony TJ37
its a lot of fun!

Blu

whitetiger7654

Reged: 09/08/04
      #15289 - 09/09/04 06:18 PM

I have been reading a lot. I already read all the other threads on this page from other people who are trying to find the right one for them. I have also read a lot of the reviews.

My main problem is I just don't know what I need palm, pocket pc, or some other thing.

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2635

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage