MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Torrey

Reged: 09/12/04
My FINAL dilemma - narrowed down to 2
      #15414 - 09/13/04 02:21 PM

Ok... I've done exhaustive research and I've narrowed it down to 2 PDA's.

I can get a "blemished" ZIRE 31 (with extra 64MB memory) or "blemished" Tungsten E both for about $150.

The Zire 31 would have more memory (16MB + 64MB = 80MB vs Tung E's 32MB) and a faster processor (200MHz vs 126Mhz).

But the Tungsten E has better/larger screen (320x320 vs 160x160) and I think a more professional look that I am looking for.

I WILL NOT be using this for gaming or e-mail/web or wireless application but will defintely use the MP3 capability. So in order to use Tungsten E as MP3 player I would still have to pay extra to expand the memory to store them.

For some reason I am leaning toward the Tungsten E, but probably makes more sense for me to get the Zire 31.

Basically I am looking for a reason to spend the extra money to get the Tungsten E + extra memory besides the better screen since I won't be gaming. If Tungsten E had faster processor, it would probably seal the deal. Or is 126MHz fast enough?

I hope everyone seems my dilemma and I apologize for the string of consciousness.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: My FINAL dilemma - narrowed down to 2 [Re: Torrey]
      #15474 - 09/15/04 02:25 PM

I'd go with the E because it has a much better screen and more internal memory. You can always but a 64 meg SD card for either model and they're pretty cheap, but you won't be able to add more internal memory.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2231

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage