MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Toshiba Pocket PC

Pages: 1
PaulG

Reged: 09/15/04
e330 and usb host?
      #15479 - 09/15/04 05:27 PM

Since the e330 does have a usb host port, will a compact flash or secure digital memory card reader be recognized by default like in Win XP? And if so can't we then get a compact flash wireless adapter with Pocket PC 2002 drivers and hook it up that way. I am just curious. because every usb enabled card reader I have is automaticly detected under Win XP which is the same age as Pocket PC 2002. And I see plenty of compact flash wireless adapters with support for pocket pc 2002, but the e330 obviuosly has no cf slot. But it seems to me if a cf reader will work thru the host usb slot on the e330 couldn't we then use the cf wireless cards. Please if I am not thinking this out correctly any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance.

Paul Gault
pgault@sc.rr.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GregModerator
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: e330 and usb host? [Re: PaulG]
      #15620 - 09/19/04 11:09 PM

The Pocket PC needs to support USB host to use USB mass storage peripherals such as card readers, and your Toshiba does have USB host. Toshiba makes a USB host cable for this and you will need that cable to use USB peripherals. You won't need a driver most likely since mass storage devices are usually supported by the Windows Mobile OS.

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3978

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage