MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
gunner

Reged: 09/11/04
The right time to buy?
      #15505 - 09/16/04 08:24 PM

Hiya,

So, I have finally decided to get the Zire 72 but I am wondering when would be the best time to buy it. To my astonishment, when I walked into my local Staples and Futureshop stores a few days ago, I noticed that they were STILL selling the Zire 72 models that have the paint peeling problem!
I not really that bothered by the peeling issue, but for the money we spend for it, we shouldn't have to encounter problems like this! Palm have had SO much time to resolve this issue (no doubt from the numerous angry and understandable customers like you guys), but I still see more posts on the web about the paint problem on what is meant to be 'newer' models. Nope, palm are now offering a free case. So does that mean the problems remains??!!!
I really need a PDA and soon, but I don't want to be buy one that still has this problem. Whats the point buying one and then sending it to palm, getting a replacement and then finding it still has the prob!

Are there any new buyers out there who can reassure me that their zire is behaving itself in their palm??

cheers

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: The right time to buy? [Re: gunner]
      #15572 - 09/18/04 03:55 PM

How can you tell that the ones they're selling still have the peeling problem?

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

gunner

Reged: 09/11/04
Re: The right time to buy? [Re: LisaG]
      #15727 - 09/22/04 11:14 PM

Well. While i was at the store, the guy behind the desk showed me a 72 still in its case, and showed that by just diggin his finger onto the package, the blue paint of the 72 got easily scratched and some starting to peel off!
Kinda feel sorry for the guy for showing me the prob first hand and hence losing out on a sale. However, I do admire his honesty and his advice on waiting. Not only is he looking out for the store, but also the consumer.

My hat off to you son!

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
      #15731 - 09/23/04 02:07 AM

*sigh* that would be a good indicator of the problem still existing, gunner. And yes, the sales associate was wonderfully honest.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

BluTeeth

Reged: 09/03/04
      #15833 - 09/27/04 06:24 PM

hi,how about a sony clie tj27? they include a camera and most of the features of the Zire 72?

Dan_42
veteran

Reged: 08/27/04
Loc: Shenzhen, China
Re: The right time to buy? [Re: BluTeeth]
      #16037 - 10/05/04 12:26 AM

Any updates from people who have recently purchased Zire 72's without problems???

I really do prefer Palm, but it seems like recently their quality is so unreliable...seems like a Zire 72 would be pretty close to what I need, but it seems like recent Palm units are a lot more problematic.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3470

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage