MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
VVoltz

Reged: 09/19/04
Recharging battery questions....
      #15612 - 09/19/04 07:13 PM

Well, I just got a Zire 72, it is cool and I like it very much.
The problem is I only charged my PDA for 2 and half hours the first time, maybe I'm paranoid but comparing the 5 hour battery life fact it is suppose to have, mine has les than that (I think, because my friends are playing Snails, Chess and Chainz the whole time), I have some doubts:

- Is it possible my battery now is malfunctioning for the first low charge=, does it has some kind of memory on it like some cell phones?
- Is it really recommendable to keep the PDA "charged" like they say at palmOne? (chaging it for half hour every day), doesn't this affects the battery life on the long run?.
Right now I completely wait for my Zire72 to exhaust its bettery before recharging, is it a good or a bad thing for the battery?

I jut want my batter to last as long as possible, because it costed my pretty much work to get my PDA.
Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Recharging battery questions.... [Re: VVoltz]
      #15723 - 09/22/04 08:24 PM

It's possible that the battery calibration is off since you didn't charge it until full the first time. If so, discharge and recharge it a few times to recalibrate it. In general, it's OK to give Lithium Ion batteries a top up charge each day. Full discharges and recharges are more of an issue because Lithium Ion batteries are good for about 400 to 500 of those before the battery needs replacing. Top up charges don't count as full charge cycles though. In general, try to avoid running the battery very low (below 20%) before charging. If you go below 10%, the battery life may be reduced permanantly.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2076

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage