MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Dell Pocket PC

Pages: 1

Reged: 09/21/04
Loc: Louisianna
Dell Axim X30 - battery q and .net q
      #15685 - 09/21/04 08:47 PM

Thanks to this wonderful site I am about to purchase a Pair of Dell Axim X30's for my husband and myself.

I have 2 quick questions. (first time PDA owner so bear with me) I saw on the review that the batterylife is pretty crappy, I doubt either of us will be away from our desks for more than a couple of hours at a time but just in case I was looking at additional batteries. Due to budget restrictions I am looking at an additional standard battery on each until we can afford a pair of the after5 batteries. What happens when you change the battery out though? Isn't that akin to doing a reset? Will I lose everything until I resynch it with my computer?

2nd is I am a .net programmer - Can I install the .net framwork on these devices (or is it part of it already?) and write my own apps for it using the compact .net framework?

Edited by Morkai (09/21/04 08:48 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Dell Axim X30 - battery q and .net q [Re: Morkai]
      #15875 - 09/28/04 06:07 PM

PDAs with user replaceable batteries have a backup battery that preserves data when you swap out the main battery. As long as you don't take more than 5 minutes to remove the old battery and put in the new one, you should be fine.

.NET CF is built into Windows Mobile 2003 OS versions already .

Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4724

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at | Privacy statement Go to homepage