Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
daisapprentice

Reged: 09/22/04
Loc: Philippines
A cellphone to Partner with my PDA
      #15726 - 09/22/04 09:34 PM

Hello everyone! I'm not really sure if this is the right section to post my question but this is the closest... I think

Anyway, I own an HP IPAQ H1940 and would like to partner it with a cellphone. What do you think is the best cellphone to partner with the IPAQ? Considering compatibility and conviniece. I want to compose text messages in my IPAQ, then send them to my cellphone via bluetooth and at the same time send that sms without using my cellphone. kinda like my PDA is set as a controller for my cellphone such that I could use its phone features via my PDA.

I know there's always the XDAII or the new IPAQ6315 to make things easier... but it's quite pricey as of today... and I still like the 1940

Any cellphone models suggestions? Or has this "partnering" been done before? Is there any software available capable of doing what I mentioned earlier? Thanks in advance

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GregModerator
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: A cellphone to Partner with my PDA [Re: daisapprentice]
      #15786 - 09/25/04 09:05 PM

You can indeed use a Bluetooth mobile phone as a wireless modem for the iPAQ to send SMS messages, emails and browse the web. The Sony Ericsson T610 and T630 are good units, and there are a few Nokia phones to choose from such as the 6600.

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1858

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage