MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Pocket PC General Discussion

Pages: 1
GeorgeBlas

Reged: 09/28/04
GPS navigation for bicycling and hiking
      #15899 - 09/28/04 08:18 PM

When bicycling on a tandem bike, my wife and I find the following combination extremely useful - a Bluetooth GPS receiver (Belkin), a PDA (Dell Axim X30), Delorme Street Atlas USA for Handhelds, Delorme Topo USA for desktop. We plot our bike trips on the topo map on a desktop (to avoid steep hills), download it to PDA, and off we go. We now consider the GPS-PDA system invaluable. I cannot imagine biking without GPS-PDA. Now a question. This works great in USA, but we want to bike in Canada and in Europe (France). Delorme does not cover anything outside USA. Is there a similar software package for Europe or Canada? Here are the requirements. Must be able to show an altitude profile of a route (steep hills). Routes usually start and end at the same place. When I plot a route I point to the places I want to go through, and Delorm calculates a path. The calculation settings are: shortest path, preference for back roads. I search the Internet, but the information on GPS-PDA is centered on finding the quickest routes, not in determining the most pleasant Sunday drives. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2986

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage