MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
MattMan

Reged: 09/24/04
PDA or PDA/Phone combo: What to do
      #16074 - 10/05/04 05:00 PM

All,
I have been trying to educate myself for a few weeks now. I would like to buy a PDA (my old PDA actually says "Palm Pilot" on it). I am a t-mobile customer with their Sony Ericson T610 phone, currently using the bluetooth with my laptop to surf and post this. I would like to leave the laptop, and thought a PDA/Phone like the iPaq 6315 might do the trick. But it occurs to me that perhaps a PDA with bluetooth can connect through this phone in a similar maner and perhaps I can get a PDA that has fewer compromises than what I've read about the various PDA/Phone convergence devices out there.

Does such a PDA exist that has Bluetooth, WIFI and the ability to "DIAL OUT" on the bluetooth using the phone I already have and am reasonably happy with? And using the service I all ready have, 19.99/month data unilimited?

Thanks for your oppinions,

Matt

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MattMan

Reged: 09/24/04
Re: PDA or PDA/Phone combo: What to do [Re: MattMan]
      #16078 - 10/05/04 08:23 PM

Well I guess I didn't do enough to educate myself. I spent to much time looking at the iPAQ 6315 I overlooked some of the features of the Palm T3 and Zire 72. I would imagine PPC devices have similar features.

So it is back to the which is better, Palm or PPC, I guess.

I still would like recomendations though.

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: PDA or PDA/Phone combo: What to do [Re: MattMan]
      #16101 - 10/06/04 01:53 PM

If your only requirement is built-in BT, then you are looking at quite a few devices that have it. You mentioned the Zire 72, Tungsten T3 and upcoming T5 have built-in BT that you can use your T610 to access the net with. Many Pocket PCs have built-in BT as well, many have built in BT and WiFi (for using with hotspots and access points). Dell Axim X30, most of the current iPAQ models, Asus A730, etc. We have reviews of ALL these units. Read the reviews and see if you find other features that might narrow down the choice for you.

Useful links:
http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/pilot.htm
http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/ppc.htm
http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/tips/palm_vs_pocketpc.htm

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2335

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage