MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1

Reged: 10/07/04
First PDA, tough decision
      #16128 - 10/07/04 05:10 AM

After a friend of mine purchased a Zire 21 for general PIM and I saw the advantages of having a Palm (or PocketPC for that matter)so I decided to go shopping. After careful consideration, I'm still a little torn in the area of cost vs. utility. Since this is my first PDA, I'm not sure if I'd get the use out of a more high end (more to the point I'd rather not spend over $200 for my first PDA), but if possible I'd like to have the PIM features, maybe a small video clip or two, plenty of mp3 (actually ogg), and some of the games. I thought about emulation, but it seems one has to specifically buy a good PDA for such (good controls, fast processor) so I was wondering if a Palm Tungsten E would be adequate or, if I had to get a Zire 72 or mid-range PocketPC to run a solid mid-range PIM, multimedia, gaming PDA. Thanks in advance and forward apologies for the long post.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: First PDA, tough decision [Re: basetwo]
      #16174 - 10/08/04 05:24 AM

The Tungsten E should be fine for MP3/music playback, PIM work and some gaming. If you're really into the videos, the Zire 72 would give better performance in that area as would an above 300MHz Pocket PC.

Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1814

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at | Privacy statement Go to homepage