MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Windows Phone

Pages: 1
Slowroller

Reged: 10/07/04
Treo 600 for web browsing intead of Samsung - Did I make a mistake?
      #16143 - 10/07/04 01:11 PM

I wanted to get daily stock quoted from free sites like Bigcharts or 3dstockcharts to see whats happening with my stocks when not at home. I alreaday have a Samsung smaller regular cell for phone use. I wanted the unit separate in case I had to place a call into my online broker to get something done right away eventhough I normaly do all on line. The idea was I wanted to be able to stay with the quotes while talking to the broker as voice orders can take a while as quotes are changing.
So I bought the Treo as it was sold as having net brousing. Now that I have it, I find out from Verizion that in addition to the regular $50 per month for unlimited data, I would have to pay by the minute for the internet access.
They also sell the Samsung 700. In looking closer at the Verizon website info on the Samsung pda tour; It looks like there may a Windows type "Pocket PC" program for net browsing that comes with it.

Would I be able to access internet through this with no extra charges? Or would I have to pay Verizon to make that work also? If you have a Samsung, any info would be appreciated. Verizon has had no clearification but is refering me to Samsung and I have not found a good contact for them.
mikebrelef@comcast.net

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Treo 600 for web browsing intead of Samsung - Did I make a mistake? [Re: Slowroller]
      #16275 - 10/11/04 04:51 AM

Something sounds wrong with what they told you. I used to be a Verizon customer and always used smartphones with data plans. If you pay for the $50/month PDA data plan you should never have to pay minute charges in addition. Minutes are only for voice when you've purchased a data plan.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3926

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage