MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
avazora

Reged: 10/09/04
PDA: $200-$300 range... should I buy now or wait??
      #16240 - 10/09/04 11:25 PM

I have been a Palm PDA owner since 1996. My last one, a Treo 90, just died last week, and I am absolutely disoriented without a PDA. I'm looking for a new one, but after scouring through the reviews of the Sonys and Palmones, I'm not too excited about purchasing one. I'm willing to spend up to $300. Wi-fi would be GREAT, since I'm trying to upgrade to the next generation, and I don't have any other Bluetooth enabled devices so that's not a priority.

If it's worth it, I'd be willing to go up to a Tungsten 5 or TH-55 if they're THAT much metter than the TJ-35 and Zire 72. But I'm a bit skeptical on those models.

Now, I'm even considering switching to Pocket PC, although I would prefer not to.

And if I buy, should I buy now, or wait a month until some of the prices drop???

Can anyone please send their strong recommendation? I would be ever so grateful!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BluTeeth

Reged: 09/03/04
Re: PDA: $200-$300 range... should I buy now or wait?? [Re: avazora]
      #16261 - 10/10/04 07:06 PM

hithe tungsten T3 is a good idea at $350 or so.generally its better value than the T5if you are into Treo's - a new treo will b released soon - Treo650 I thinkSony used to make good pda's but they have discontinued making themIf money is an issue - you could get a good used Tungsten T for abt $150.. - and have money 2 spare for memory, accessories, etcAfter all this is 99 percent of the T3 at half the price.,Also consider a Tungsten C - I think that includes WiFi

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: PDA: $200-$300 range... should I buy now or wait?? [Re: BluTeeth]
      #16274 - 10/10/04 11:45 PM

The Treo 650 is a smartphone so won't be the best replacement for the Treo 90 which was just a PDA.

If one is looking for a Palm OS PDA with WiFi, the the Sony Clies are a great choice. They have some lovely models and it's a true shame that they won't be introducing new models in the US. Sony will however continue to support existing models in the US.

As to whether you should go for the TH55, that depends if you like the larger, higher resolution screen among other things.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2239

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage