Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
jeffcoat

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: San Antonio, TX
T3 graffiti question
      #16339 - 10/12/04 05:23 PM

I've looked at the T3 in a few different retail stores. One of them had a graffiti area with 3 distinct writing spaces (one for lowercase letters, one for uppercase letters, and one for numbers). Another had just 2 (letters, numbers) with various icons/shortcuts on either side of the two writing spaces.

Is it possible to switch between those two layouts, and if so, how easy is it?

Also, I've heard some stuff about "graffiti 1" and "graffiti 2" .... what is the difference? Will I have to learn a whole new system of graffiti if I upgrade from my current M130 to a T3?

Thanks,
Jim

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: T3 graffiti question [Re: jeffcoat]
      #16342 - 10/12/04 08:46 PM

The T3 offers 3 input schemes for the Dynamic Input Area (DIA): The old standard graffiti silkskin, a 3-paned silkscreen w/no icons (called "wide" in Palm literature), and the qwerty keyboard. They can be selected by tapping and holding on the far right icon on the status bar at the bottom of the screen.

Graffiti 1 allowed entry of all letters and numbers with one stroke--you never have to lift the stylus during contruction of a letter. That required some learning of special strokes for what are multiple-stroke letters in the language. Graffiti 2 went to a more "natural" 2-stroke arrangement for many characters like 't', 'i', 'k', etc. G2 is in fact a liscensed version of CIC's Jot. Once you learn anything, switching to something else requires some effort. I used Jot under G1 anyway, so the move wasn't particularly difficult for me. Other people who were very proficient at G1 hate G2.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

jeffcoat

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: T3 graffiti question [Re: Tanker_Bob]
      #16355 - 10/13/04 11:07 AM

So, what have I been using up to now on my Palm M130 ?

(I'm guessing graffiti 1.........?)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4172

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage