MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
johnnyj771

Reged: 10/12/04
PDA 1st timer = combo?
      #16340 - 10/12/04 11:12 PM

I've never owned a PDA. Don't really have a lot of uses (that I know of) - except for perhaps storing documents (I'm in academics). I thought I would seek feedback on combo units (cell phone and PDA). What should I look for/be concerned about? I also thought I'd find out what was available in terms of MP3 and/or camera features as well.

I know that's a shotgun approach. If anyone can suggest websites or other sources of info, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
JJ

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: PDA 1st timer = combo? [Re: johnnyj771]
      #16369 - 10/13/04 06:55 PM

Here are our Smartphone reviews: http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/smartphone.htm

Smartphones combine the PDA functions with cell phone features. You can get a cell phone for these devices and use them to make and receive calls. But these "cell phones" are smarter than others. They have PIM apps like contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, etc. and often can sync with your PC easily. You can store, edit and transfer documents between the smartphone and your PC. Many of them have built-in cameras which are not as good as stand-alone digital cameras, but it's very convinient since you usually carry your cell phone. Then you can choose from display screen size. If you read ebooks, edit lots of documents or surf the web a lot, you might consider a large screen. There are also portable keyboard if you need to touch-type a lot. Many smartphones can play MP3, videos and games. So there are many choices. Take a look at some of these reviews, maybe they will give you some ideas.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1726

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage