MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Humphrey

Reged: 10/13/04
Which PDA to Buy ? (Pocket PC vs. Palm)
      #16375 - 10/13/04 02:20 PM

Need advice on which new PDA to buy. Currently using Palm 71. Needs: Of course basic organizational functions, i.e.calendar/task/contact/memo . Use unit as MP3 player for music and audiobooks, so memory is important, whether main memory or SD cards. What is advantage of CF capability? Ability to send/receive emails. Do not need camera, but want to download photos to unit. Video capability would be great. Want WiFi capability; bluetooth less important. Easy download of files from PC to PDA. Don't necessarily need PDA for business functions like spreadsheets, financial analysis, etc. There may be other useful functions or cool bells+whistles a PDA might have that I don't currently require, but could grow to appreciate....Leaning toward Tungsten T5 (+--same OS I now have, generous main memory; minus--no built in WiFi--I'm told adaptable card for T5 available in November) but considering also HP 4355 (+--built in WiFi; minus--ease of synching Palm OS info, without having to input from scratch?) Are there other HP's I should be considering? Don't know much about other Pocket PC's like Dell or Toshiba. Would spend up to $500 if need be. Help!!!! Show me the way!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Which PDA to Buy ? (Pocket PC vs. Palm) [Re: Humphrey]
      #16380 - 10/13/04 04:47 PM

Moving content from one platform to another isn't as hard as it seems:

http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/tips/palm_to_PPC_and_back.htm

HP model you picked is a good one with wireless built in and a keyboard. If you want to learn more about other HP models and Dell models, read our in-depth reviews:

http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/ppc.htm

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2066

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage