MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Notebooks >> Tablet Computers

Pages: 1
mabdul

Reged: 10/16/04
New Gateway M275E problem - doesn't rest flat
      #16485 - 10/16/04 07:50 PM

I bought a Gateway M275E last Wednesday... it is a great machine and I love it! However, I found that the machine was not resting flat on all four corners and so it sort of wobbled like a chair with one leg shorter than the others. I took it back (to CDW) and got a new one in exchange (same model) , and surprisingly enough, the new one has the same problem too! I have tried different flat surfaces at home, work, school, etc., so I am pretty sure it is the machine, and not the surface.

I called Gateway, and they said they were not aware of this type of problem (they did tell me that I could stick a tape on the side which is not resting down on the table!)

Is this how all Gateway M275s are? Has anyone else run into this problem? I am wondering whether I should take this one back and get another one. Any tips would be very helpful. Except for this problem, the machine works really great.

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: New Gateway M275E problem - doesn't rest flat [Re: mabdul]
      #16586 - 10/19/04 05:15 PM

It sounds like a production run might be a little off. Ours didn't wobble and sat flat.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11742

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage