MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
ldai

Reged: 10/06/03
Palm OS5 Limit on Files/Preferences
      #16588 - 10/19/04 05:33 PM

I noticed recently I could no longer install any apps on my Palm T3. The files are synced Ok and I can see them using FileZ, but no launchable icon would appear, either under ZLauncher 4.30, or under default Palm launcher. I have enough memory left on internal memory and SD card. But I do have a lot of "junks" on my T3, with a total of 292 launchable apps (more if I count the hidden ones - such as old versions of DocToGo in ROM), 299 saved preferences, and 120 unsaved preferences, most of which located on a 512MB SD card with ZLauncher shortcuts. If I remove some of my existing apps (removing just one app doesn't seem to work), I could install again. I wonder if I'm hitting any hard limit on OS5, which I'm not aware of any except addressable memory. Any insights are appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: Palm OS5 Limit on Files/Preferences [Re: ldai]
      #16655 - 10/22/04 07:29 AM

There's no limit of that type that any normal human will encounter. Have you altered the Unfiled category in any way? That's where all new apps go by default. Do they appear in the default launcher?

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

ldai

Re: Palm OS5 Limit on Files/Preferences [Re: Tanker_Bob]
      #16773 - 10/26/04 10:11 AM

They are not under Unfiled. They don't show up under default launcher either. But I do see the files under FileZ, and as apps under App-Info. I finally did a hard reset, went back to my SD backup, and tried to install the apps again. Somehow this time everything works, even though I had not installed anything since last backup. I think it must be running of some installed pps on my Palm caused this weird behavior.

I forgot to try App-Category. Maybe somehow they belong to nobody. I'll remember to try that next time around.

Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: Palm OS5 Limit on Files/Preferences [Re: ldai]
      #16778 - 10/26/04 11:33 AM

I'm glad it's working now. I'm not sure what you mean by app-category. If an app doesn't have a category assignment, which is what I'm assuming that you mean by "belongs to nobody", it automatically goes to Unfiled. Are you using a program that can hide apps from being displayed?

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

ldai

Re: Palm OS5 Limit on Files/Preferences [Re: Tanker_Bob]
      #16789 - 10/26/04 05:54 PM

Nope. I remember seeing the application when I brought up default launcher's "delete", while it did not show up as launchable (no icon in any category). In any case, I should clean up my Palm and get rid of some old junks. :-)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3218

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage