MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
gravedgr

Reged: 10/28/04
IPAQ 6315 - Problems getting started
      #16848 - 10/28/04 01:06 AM

Geez, where to start...first, I consider myself pretty technically savvy (I build and install firewalls, I build my own PCs, and I set up my wireless network at home), but getting started on this IPAQ is *not* very user friendly. Here are some issues I've run across:

1) No real clear definition between the My T-Mobile Connections and My Work Network
2) VPN and server sync are very un-intuitive to set up, and error messages don't provide hardly any information
3) I can't get server sync to work despite wide open access to my Exchange server and working Wi-Fi (see above on error messages like INTERNET_55)

Any suggestions? The user guide isn't very helpful. For instance, it tells you how to set up WAP - assuming you have information not provided by T-Mobile.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gravedgr

Reged: 10/28/04
Re: IPAQ 6315 - Problems getting started [Re: gravedgr]
      #16850 - 10/28/04 01:44 AM

Did I mention that my Windows Media Player will play the sample movie, but will not play any .mp3 or .wav files downloaded from the internet? I tried to get PocketMVP, but it comes in a .zip format. I found an unzip utility, but it too is in a .zip format (what kind of genius made that call?) - great, if I weren't at home with my cradle at work.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1733

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage