Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
klfausek

Reged: 10/29/04
help with transfering files from memory card
      #16889 - 10/29/04 01:01 PM

Hi everyone,
Recently I bought a new memory card for my Tungsten E because my previous memory card (32MB)is completely full and the internal memory is pretty close to full. My question: Is there a way to transfer all of the files I have on the first memeory card to my new one? The problem with using both cards is I use my PDA a lot at work and need to have all my pharmacy reference programs quickly accessable. Switching back and forth between the two cards hasn't worked very well. There's probably an obvious way to do this, but technology is not my strong point! Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Kelly

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GregModerator
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: help with transfering files from memory card [Re: klfausek]
      #16906 - 10/29/04 06:58 PM

Use a card reader (you can buy one for $20) to transfer the files on the smaller card to a folder on your computer's hard drive. Then copy those files from your hard drive onto the new card.

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/24/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: help with transfering files from memory card [Re: klfausek]
      #16940 - 10/30/04 05:28 PM

Quote:

Hi everyone,
Recently I bought a new memory card for my Tungsten E because my previous memory card (32MB)is completely full and the internal memory is pretty close to full. My question: Is there a way to transfer all of the files I have on the first memeory card to my new one? The problem with using both cards is I use my PDA a lot at work and need to have all my pharmacy reference programs quickly accessable. Switching back and forth between the two cards hasn't worked very well. There's probably an obvious way to do this, but technology is not my strong point! Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Kelly

You can use CardExport II from Softick to transfer your entire card's data to your PC and then back to your new card. Works great for me.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

Kikuchiyo

Reged: 04/15/04
Re: help with transfering files from memory card [Re: Greg]
      #16979 - 11/02/04 01:46 PM

Card readers come in several forms. I use one from SanDisk (though I think it's discontinued, but still available at Best Buy). It's essentially a thumb-drive, but reads an sD card. About twice the width, but the same length and height as your standard USB-key thumb drive, the USB plug retacts into the body when not in use - no cap to lose or break. It comes with a 128 MB sD card installed as a bonus. I can easily transfer files direct from my Axim to any computer for printing, etc. There's a couple brands of these sD thumb drives out there, but they can be a little hard to find.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2669

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage