Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
bevnagel

Reged: 05/04/04
Loc: Idaho
POCKET PC LOOSING DATA IN BATTERY DEAD
      #17379 - 11/15/04 07:08 PM

Hi I have a i700 Samsung and I love it, however it never turns off and for my phone part that is great, however I am going on a trip to third world country and electric is not always available to charge my battery,even though I have three batteries it would not last between times I can get it charged. I would love to be able to take my information documents, and organizer part on a pocket pc with me. Is there a brand of pocket pc that will hold the memory without loosing your data while shut off for a few days at a time as long as when you such it off the battery is in full charge? I have no need for my phone over there so a unit just with the pocket pc functions would be great???? Pleae advise this newbee!!!!!! Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: POCKET PC LOOSING DATA IN BATTERY DEAD [Re: bevnagel]
      #17421 - 11/16/04 06:32 PM

Unfortunately, most all PDAs will lose their data if the battery completely drains. The new Palm Tungsten T5 is an exception, as are the Sharp Zaurus models (there are PDAs and don't have phones). You might want to use a backup program to backup the contents of the i700 to an SD card. When you're near power you can charge and restore the backup and be good to go. Alternatively, MS Smartphones and Nokia Series 60 smartphones as well as the Sony Ericsson P900 use non-volatile memory and so won't lose their data in the event of a battery drain. They aren't as full-featured in terms of PDA use as the i700, but they're not bad, especially the SE P900 which has a touch screen and handwriting recognition. The upcoming Treo 650 Palm OS smartphone also uses non-volatile memory so won't lose its data.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

bevnagel

Reged: 05/04/04
Loc: Idaho
Re: POCKET PC LOOSING DATA IN BATTERY DEAD [Re: LisaG]
      #17431 - 11/17/04 12:31 AM

what back up program is out there to use on the pocket pc to back up files to sd card?
Thanks

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: POCKET PC LOOSING DATA IN BATTERY DEAD [Re: bevnagel]
      #17443 - 11/17/04 01:18 PM

The i700 does come with a backup app. If you're looking for something even more full-featured, check out Sprite Backup which is excellent. It can even make self-extracting .exe backups so all you have to do is run the backup file to restore the unit.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2590

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage