MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
arrow

Reged: 11/19/04
Acer N30 or ?
      #17481 - 11/19/04 11:18 AM

I am fairly computer literate but I have never owned a PDA. Use Outlook a lot and synchronise with my Nokia 6310i phone.

What would I use a PDA for? Not really sure. Maintain calendar, to do lists for starters. But I guess I would also like to preview photos and download photos from my digital camera and perhaps listen to music on the train instead of a cd player.

Not looking to spend a fortune and was originally thinking about a Tungsten E. But reading forums the quality seems in doubt. And it does not sound like I could connect my camera.

Read some reviews of Acer N30 and while it is a little more expensive than the Tungsten E it sounds a better bet. Has a USB host so I guess that I can plug my camera in and also use a compact flash card reader. I have 2 x 256 mb & 2 x 3 mb CF cards which presumably I could use for extra storage.

I also have a bluetooth phone, presumably this means I could send texts and synchronise telephone numbers with the phone.

I have an ADSL wireless Router at home and a couple of wireless laptop cards. I don't think I will be wanting to surf the internet on a PDA so I don't suppose it is worth bothering about trying to connect to the router. However would it be worth getting a blue tooth dongle for my home PC - what's the range? Or should I just connect via cable.

Also wondering how practical it is to write on this PDA. Is it fairly easy to learn how to write and reasonably fast?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1054

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage