Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
domi

Reged: 11/19/04
Java on Axim X30?
      #17493 - 11/19/04 05:27 PM

Hi,

Currently I'm in the process of doing some investigation before buying a new PDA after my old Aero finally died (atfer being dropped by my daughter...)
Currently I'm considering PalmOne Tungsten T3 vs. Dell Axim X30.

One important feature for me is the ability to run Java programs on the device (i.e. a JVM must be available for the OS). Checked that the Tungsten T3 has it (its IBM's WebSphere Micro Environment which enables J2ME apps.)

Unfortunately I haven't found any info about availability of Java/JVM for the Axim X30 (unfortunately, as I prefer Windows Mobile over PalmOS). Although I've noticed reading the X30 review that on the screenshot there is a 'Java' icon (just on the left to MSN Messenger). Here is the link for the review/screenshot: http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/Dell_axim_X30_page2.htm
I must say that this icon is quite intriguing for me...

Does anyone have info about availability of Java on X30? If the icon on the screenshot represents a JVM then does it come out-of-the-box with Axim?
If not then where a JVM for X30 can it be obtained?

Cheers,

domi

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Java on Axim X30? [Re: domi]
      #17547 - 11/21/04 08:01 PM

The Java VM in that screen shot came with the excellent NetFront web browser if I remember correctly. That browser is available with a VM. I believe you can download IBM's Websphere for Pocket PC too.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1774

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage