MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
jdhoward

Reged: 11/22/04
PDA suggestions I can use with my Dual G5 Mac
      #17570 - 11/22/04 10:45 PM

I'm planning on getting a PDA and I would like some input as to which one to get. It needs to be able to work with both PCs and Macs. I've heard that some PDAs require a $15-$30 program in order to sync with a Mac...that's no problem. Here's what my Mac is going to have:

* Dual 2.5GHz PowerPC G5
* 4GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200
* AirPort Extreme Card
* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL
* Bluetooth Module

Basically top-of-the-line. Here's what I would like my PDA to do.

* Bluetooth is a must so I can wirelessly sync with my Mac.
* Wifi would be great, but not necessary.
* If there's no Wifi...the ability to get a Wifi card would be good. (It would be great if the Wifi card could have memory on it too...like SanDisk's WiFi SDIO + 256MB or CF + 128MB cards).
* Lots of internal memory if possible so I don't have to store everything on memory cards.
* I'm a college student going into video production and eventually want to own my video production business. So something to help me out there that won't be too much out-of-date in a few years. Basically I want something that will be useful to me for many years.
* I must have the ability to listen to MP3s and watch videos with good quality (either right out-of-the-box or with free upgrades/downloads). This is probably the most important feature.
* A good software package (or the ability to get good software fairly cheaply).
* As big a screen size as I can get, but the other features are more important to me than screen size.

That's basically all I've got. I'm looking for something between $350-$400. More is alright if it's really worth the extra money. Let me know if you need anymore information. Thanks in advance for all your help.

~Jeff

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1210

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage