MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
seaweed

Reged: 11/25/04
A PALM OR PPC?Sony?which?
      #17614 - 11/25/04 06:15 AM

I expect im not the first with this question? Ive looked at palm it seems to have the best OS, but the ppc such as dell or axim are excelent? apart from battery drain.
With all the problems surrounding the MS OS palm seems to come out on top?

I must have wi-fi and want to use it to check send emails, and get my daily paper, news in palm format. Sony looks good but their processors are so slow and the price astronomic.
Choosing a palm now reminds me of choosing a laptop 10 years ago! Ought i to go for" apple or pc" that is Plam or PC???

On soft ware which has the best choise? and is there palm/ppc voice over or P2P like "skype" software for these super hand size wonder machines?? I just cant wait to get one!! but which one????

Seaweed

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: A PALM OR PPC?Sony?which? [Re: seaweed]
      #17638 - 11/25/04 05:08 PM

We do have an article that might help: http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/tips/palm_vs_pocketpc.htm

Actually, there are huge difference in functionality between the two operating systems. Pocket PC does seem to use more battery life, but the batteries are often user-replaceable, like cellphone batteries. Palm devices usually have non-user replaceable batteries. Processor speed is still a little higher on the Pocket PC side, although for PIM and networking applications, you won't notice it much. If you play videos and processor taxing games, then the higher speed the better.

You can get a device with built-in WiFi or use an expansion card which means you will likely not to have a storage option while using WiFi. Skype only supports Pocket PC currently. So if that's a must have app, then that's the direction you'd have to look into.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1803

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage