Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
earwig

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: canada
Tungsten E Crashing!
      #17716 - 11/28/04 07:54 PM

My husband and I bought Tungsten E PDAs last November and both of us have just experienced a similar problem within a month of each other. Our palms had full battery charge in the evening and when we turned them on in the morning there was no power response when they were turned on. We plugged them in to charger and they did power up, however, it had reset itself somehow and was asking to go through the start up process. I have lost all of my information that I had on my palm and so did my husband! Argh! Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a back up memory source to save your information? Do I need to buy an old school daytimer? Please help! I have sent it off for servicing but I fear they won't help. I know I can sync up with my home computer but we have been hit with three viruses this summer so I don't trust that method either. Let me know what I can do. thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/24/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: Tungsten E Crashing! [Re: earwig]
      #17751 - 11/30/04 01:00 AM

It sounds like a program is activating in the middle of the night and locking up your PDA. Try to find which app alarm or other scheduled activity is coming on at night, one that both TE's have in common.

As for backup, I use BackupBuddyVFS Pro 3.06 by BlueNomad at http://www.bluenomad.com to backup my T3 to an SD card. I run it automatically every night so that my backup is never more than a day old. There are other similar programs available.

For a pure desktop solution, check out our review of BackupBuddy for Windows at http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/software/BackupBuddy2_Palm.htm . A good antivirus program will keep your PC virus free.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2782

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage