MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
Dead_Spot

Reged: 11/30/04
Display Damaged When Cleaning
      #17766 - 11/30/04 11:15 AM

Quite a while back, I was using a few drops of lens cleaner to clean the display of my Toshiba E330. Barely a whole drop of the liquid was near the edge and it instantly wicked between the layers of the display, rendering it completely inoperative.

I sent it to Toshiba since it was still under warranty but they declined to cover the replacement claiming it was my fault.

OK. By the time it was returned the drop had dried to a small area of residue. The screen worked OK except around the residue.

My Question: Is this a common exposure on many or all PDAs? I think that the edges should be sealed preventing such problems on a mobile device.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GregModerator
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: Display Damaged When Cleaning [Re: Dead_Spot]
      #17773 - 11/30/04 02:17 PM

I would avoid getting liquid near the edges of the display. PDAs and cell phones have a seal to keep most dust out but they do not have a watertight seal as they're not sold as waterproof devices.

I'd suggest using Klear Screen wipes which are designed to safely clean LCDs. They're very effective and safe.

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1620

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage